Friday 19 October 2007

Ubuntu 7.10 codenamed Gutsy Gibbon is out !

The new release of Ubuntu, Ubuntu 7.10, codenamed Gutsy Gibbon, is now out and you can get it from here. Lots of great and useful things have been added since feisty. Let's make a little tour of the main changes here. Thanks to the developers, translators, supporters, testers, artists, the doc. team, enthusiasts and all the others which contribute to it : without you, this nice adventure wouldn't be real. Thanks to all of you for bringing us an even better Operating System. I'm very proud to be part of this Community, where a patchwork of different contributions by thousands of people brings a powerful and attractive product : our distro. I hope that it will continue to spread all over the world, and I'm sure we are taking the good way : I'm seeing more and more Ubuntu users (and enthusiasts !) around me day after day... And no, it's not only due to my action on my friends and colleagues :p And I will finish with thanks to Mark, for founding this project, beeing an human sabdfl ;) and aggregating such a great team around our fantastic Ubuntu. Let's continue, and make it even better !!

No comments: